As COVID-19 spread across the entire nation, it was important for individuals to get two doses of vaccines. Post getting both the vaccines, he will get a link on his or her registered mobile phone number. Once the person clicks on the link, he or she will be able to download the certificate.
However, the person will get a provisional certificate for COVID 19 vaccination, one after the first jab. The person will receive the final certificate only after receiving both doses. So, as you read ahead, you can check out the COVID-19 vaccine certificate.
- Why Is It Important To Get The Covid Vaccine Certificate?
- Which Platforms Can You Use For Covid Vaccine Certificate Download?
- What Do You Need To Do While Downloading The COVID-19 Certificate By Name?
- What Do You Need To Do For The Covid Vaccine Certificate Download Online Using Your Mobile Number?
- What To Do When You Have To Correct The COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate?
Why Is It Important To Get The Covid Vaccine Certificate?
Whenever a person goes through vaccination, the certificate will show that the government has given the vaccines. This certificate is nothing but a proof for the vaccine that the government has given you. It’s pretty essential to obtain a vaccination certificate if you want to travel to any other country, place or use public transportations. As you present the vaccination certificate, you can avail many benefits.
Even when you don’t plan to travel by air, public transport and various other services consider it as an evidence to keep infection under control. In those instances, the digital document will serve as a vaccine passport. With the vaccine passport as one of the documents, the government will allow individuals to go to different places.
You can even travel from one location to the other without any hindrance as you carry the travel pass. Some countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nepal, and the Maldives approve the vaccine certificate even when you observe vaccine diplomacy. Gradually, Indian travellers will visit such countries for many different purposes.
As you get the certificate, it will declare you to be ‘safe’ and that you can bypass the need for mandatory quarantine and ignore RTPCR test. On the other hand, the person will have to show the certificate to avail of government schemes.
Does A Beneficiary Certificate Work For The Vaccine?
When the date of receiving the vaccine is approaching soon, the beneficiary will be notified through an SMS. He or she will receive an SMS on the registered mobile phone number. Moreover, after the helper or the nurse administers the vaccine, the beneficiary will receive a QR code-based certificate on the registered mobile number.
If you want to schedule the date and time for the vaccination, you can easily do it through the Co-WIN Portal. To register yourself online, you only need to enter some basic information and the details regarding the photo identification ID. You have to follow some simple steps to register yourself online and proceed with the Cowin vaccine certificate download.
Once you navigate the website you have to enter your mobile phone number and sign up for the vaccination. In few seconds, you will receive an OTP on your mobile phone, and further you can log in through the Aarogya Setu account.
Which Platforms Can You Use For Covid Vaccine Certificate Download?
As the vaccination drive went on, many citizens below 45 years of age got the second vaccine. But, with this in mind, developers came up with the feature of incorporating Co-WIN into the platform. Such a feature lets citizens book the slots for taking the vaccines. Subsequently, various platforms allowed the users to download the vaccine certificates from different places. So, let’s check out the other platforms you can use to download the COVID-19 vaccine certificate.
- Aarogya Setu: This mobile app had gained popularity when the government of India had to trace COVID-19 cases across a particular region. But, with the use of the mobile app, mobile phone users were able to find the slots and download the certificates.
- WhatsApp: As people use WhatsApp often, the central government managed a chatbot on the messaging platform. Such a chatbot helped people download the COVID-19 certificate directly from the mobile app.
- Paytm: This mobile app allows you to download the COVID-19 vaccine certificates. But, when you’re downloading the certificate, you have to follow specific steps. If you wish to download the certificates through a non-government app, you can think about it through Paytm.
- MyGov website: Apart from the platforms stated above, you can even check the MyGov website. It’s easy to download the certificates because you only have to enter your mobile number.
- Umang app: Such a kind of app allows you to find many service portals along with the Co-Win platform. You only have to follow the usual steps to download the Covid vaccination certificate.
What Do You Need To Do When You Are Downloading By Aadhar?
DigiLocker is an initiative by central government towards paperless governance. As you use the Digilocker app, you can save many personal files in addition to the driving license, Aadhar card, and more. Additionally, such an app allows you to store every kind of information pertaining the departments of the Indian Authority. So, let’s take a quick look at the steps you must consider.
- Firstly, you need to unlock your mobile phone and tap on the Play Store mobile app. Later, you have to install the Digilocker app on the mobile phone if it hasn’t been installed yet.
- Now, you need to register into the app. At that instance, you have to enter your details like name, Date of Birth, mobile phone number, and security PIN. Besides, you also need to state your gender and the Aadhar card number.
- Post registration, you must navigate the Central government tab. At this point in time, you have to tap under the Ministry of Family Health and Welfare (MoHFW).
- When you come across the option known as “Vaccine Certified”, you need to click the relevant link. You also have to enter the 13-digit Reference ID for downloading the vaccine certificate a bit later.
What Do You Need To Do While Downloading The COVID-19 Certificate By Name?
Here’s what you need to do for the Covid vaccine certificate download by name.
- Before you need to download the vaccine certificate as per your name, you first need to visit the official website of cowin.
- Soon after you visit the website, you will observe three dots vertically placed one after the other. As soon as you tap the three vertical dots, a pop-up will appear on the computer screen. At that moment, you will observe the option, ‘Vaccine Services’.
- Post tapping on the option, you will view many options. Later, you can choose the suitable option from these options and click on ‘Download’.
- As soon as you choose the ‘download certificate’ option, it will redirect you to a particular web page.
- Afterwards, you will be requested to enter your mobile phone number. Ensure that you check the digits of the mobile phone number, and the cell phone number must be the one you had entered while registering for vaccination.
- Post entering the cell phone number, you need to tap on the ‘Get OTP’ option.
- Once you tap on the option as stated above, you will be prompted to enter the OTP, which has six digits.
- Post entering the OTP in the text box, you have to verify and click on ‘Continue’.
- Once you follow the earlier step, the ‘Continue’ option will redirect you to a web page.
- Towards the end, when you find your name, you only have to tap on it and download the vaccine certificate.
What Do You Need To Do For The Covid Vaccine Certificate Download Online Using Your Mobile Number?
Besides the name and the Aadhar card number, you can also download the vaccine certificate with your mobile phone number. Here are the steps you have to follow.
Step 1: When you’re surfing the internet, you will come across the official website of the Government of India. This website is known as cowin.gov.in.
Step 2: Post clicking on the ‘Register’ option, enter your mobile phone number to log in. Later, you have to enter the OTP received on your cell phone.
Step 3: Once the browser redirects you to another web page, you need to click on the ‘COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ option.
Step 4: When the vaccination certificate appears on the computer screen, you will have to click on the ‘Download’ option. You can later store the digital document anywhere on the computer. But, you will have to get a printout of the certificate when you will be travelling or when you need it for any other purpose.
What To Do When You Have To Correct The COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate?
When you find some errors in the COVID-19 vaccine certificate, then you need not worry. You need to make sure whether you have entered the mobile number correctly at the time of vaccination. If the mobile phone number is not correct, you will be unable to download the COVID-19 vaccine certificate. You will later have to visit the nearest vaccination centre in such a scenario. Or you may have to contact the person who had given you the vaccine. As he or she listens to your problem, the person will be able to solve your issue correctly. Now, let’s check out the procedure to correct the details of the COVID-19 vaccine certificate online.
Step 1: To correct the Cowin vaccination certificate, you first have to visit the Co-WIN website.
Step 2: Soon after you visit the official website, you will see the option, “Certificate Corrections”. You will view this option towards the bottommost section of the web page.
Step 3: Now, once you tap on the option, it will redirect you to a particular web page. At that moment, you will need to enter your mobile phone number, and you have to click on the ‘Get OTP’ option to receive the OTP a bit later.
Step 4: Once you check out the OTP, you must enter the OTP in the text box. Afterwards, you have to click the “Verify” button and proceed further.
Step 5: Post clicking on the appropriate option as stated in the earlier step, you will come across an option to correct your certificate. You thereby have to enter your name, your age, photo ID or gender.
Step 6: Once you choose your name from the list, you have to tap on the option, “Continue”. The web page will allow you to change the details as they appear on the certificate.
In the end, you have to wait for two days so that the changes are reflected on the vaccine certificate.
Finally, as you preserve the final certificate for Covid 19 vaccination, you should not post the COVID-19 vaccination certificate on social media platforms. If someone comes across the certificate, they are bound to misuse the information. However, you have to ensure the certificate presents correct information. If the government finds any batch of vaccine faulty, then the certificate data will help find the list of recipients.
When the individual is registering online through the Co-Win portal, he or she will have to present a copy of the photo ID proof. If the person doesn’t have an Aadhar card, he can submit a copy of the passport, Electoral Photo Identity Card, driving license or PAN card.
Apart from everything else, he can think about presenting a copy of the pension document with a photograph. But, if the person cannot submit the photo ID proof, the Ministry will not hold back or administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
When the citizen with comorbidity has to register, it’s not necessary to upload any documents. If the person’s age is between 45 and 59 years, then he or she can register only after confirming the comorbidity conditions.
In addition, you have to carry a medical certificate from a doctor when the person takes the vaccine. Post verifying the medical certificate, it will get uploaded at the vaccination centre. However, in India, individuals over 18 years of age must take the vaccination doses.
The Vaccination Centre is responsible for generating the certificate and giving the printed copy to the individual. Post both the vaccines, you should not insist on getting the certificate at the centre. But, a nurse administers the vaccines at the private hospital, the centre will include the charges in the service charges for receiving the vaccine.
A maximum of 4 individuals can register online with the help of the same mobile number. But, to proceed with the online registration, citizens can seek assistance from family members of their friends. You can also proceed with on the spot registration if you cannot do it well in advance.
Apart from the Aarogya app and the Cowin portal, you can also download the COVID-19 vaccine certificate with the help of the Digilocker app. So, as you read ahead, you can check out the steps you need to follow to download the vaccination certificates.