Ravish Kumar Age
|Ravish Kumar Age||48 years|
|Date of Birth||05-12-1974|
What Is the Age of Ravish Kumar?
Ravish Kumar was born on 5th December 1974, and his current age 48 years. Soon after completing his education, Ravish worked with NDTV India since 1996. Besides, Ravish also conducts many weekday shows on the news channel.
Ravish Kumar Biography
Ravish has always been popular among many viewers as a Sr. Executive Editor with NDTV India. Moreover, he also serves as a host for many weekday shows like Ravish Ki Report, Hum Log, and Des Ki Baat.
|Full Name||Ravish Kumar Pandey|
|Date of Birth||5th December, 1974|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
Ravish Kumar Physical Status
Ravish Kumar always exudes professionalism whenever he is presenting the news. While his height is 6 feet, his body weight is 68 kg. Additionally, even when his hair appears black and white, he still looks presentable with a clean-shaven face. While he attends any events or shows, individuals observe him wearing a dark-colored blazer and formal trousers.
|Height in centimetres||183 cm|
|Height in meters||1.83 m|
|Height in feet||6 feet|
|Weight in Pounds||150 pounds|
|Hair Colour||Black and White|
Ravish Kumar Family and Education
Born on 5th December 1974, Ravish was brought up in a family that belongs to the Bhumihar caste. While his place of residence is Jitwarpur, Bihar, his hometown is Motihari, also located in Bihar. Since childhood, Ravish always looked up to his father, Baliram Pandey, in respect. Besides, this news anchor also grew up with his brother, Brajesh Kumar Pandey. Brajesh is now working as a politician for many years. His brother was earlier working as the Vice President for the Bihar Congress. He also has a sister whose name is Nita Kumari Pandey.
As Ravish grew up, he completed his early education at Loyola High School, Patna. Soon after clearing his 10th standard exams, he shifted to Delhi to pursue higher studies. After attaining his Bachelor’s Degree in History from Deshbandhu College, he moved ahead with a postgraduate diploma course in Hindi journalism. During that period, Ravish studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. Besides these qualifications, Ravish has completed his Master’s in History from Deshbandhu College and his M.Phil. from Delhi University.
|Ravish’s Mother’s Name||Not known|
|Ravish’s Father’s Name||Baliram Pandey|
|Ravish’s Siblings||Sister – Nita Kumari Pandey Brother – Brajesh Kumar Pandey|
|Birthplace||Jitvarpur Village, Bihar|
|School||Loyola High School, Patna|
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
|Qualification||B.A, M.A in History, M. Phil.|
Ravish Kumar Married Life
Presently, Ravish Kumar is married to Nayana Dasgupta. His wife is now a history teacher at Lady Shri Ram College for Women. As the journalist shares a strong bond with his wife, he also nurtures two daughters. However, even when Ravish is attending an interview, he states that he can’t spend enough time with his daughters because of his busy schedule and demanding profession.
Ravish Kumar Career
Soon after completing his higher studies, Ravish Kumar started his career with NDTV. As soon as he joined the news channel in 1996, Ravish was appointed as the Sr. Executive Editor. Apart from his usual profession, Ravish also hosts numerous programs. These are nothing but Des Ki Baat, Ravish Ki Report, Prime Time, and Hum Log. To date, Ravish Kumar has always been India’s most popular Hindi journalist. Moreover, due to his incredible work in the journalism sector, Ravish has been honored with many awards.
Besides being a journalist for many years, Ravish has also been a stand-up comedian for an online chat show named ‘Shut up Ya Kunal.’ While this show was presented to the viewers, people observed Ravish discussing his personal and reporting life. Furthermore, many individuals also observed Ravish in the show, ‘Off the Record. While this journalist played a major role in the show, the entire show was organized by Samdish Bhatia.
Ravish Kumar Accomplishments
While Mr. Kumar paces ahead in his career, he has received many awards. Interestingly, this journalist has been honored with the ‘Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award’ twice in his journey. In addition, Ravish has also been known as the fifth journalist who received the ‘Ramon Magsaysay Award’ in 2019. Apart from these awards, the news anchor was very happy when he received the Gauri Lankesh Award and the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award.
Besides, Ravish was the first individual who got the Kuldip Nayar Award in 2019. But, when the news anchor received the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award, he was recognized for his work in creative literature and Hindi journalism. In addition, this news anchor was also felicitated with the ‘Best Journalist Award’ by the Mumbai Press Club way back in 2016.
Ravish Kumar Net Worth
While his net worth is estimated to be around Rs. 150 crores, his annual income is more than three crores. Moreover, this journalist is fond of many cars and has invested in many properties in Delhi and his hometown.
|Net Worth in Rupees||Rs. 150 crores (estimated)|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$18.2 million (estimated)|
Ravish Kumar News And Controversies
- As per a news published on 19th September 2022, the filmmaker Vinay Shukla came across many individuals who have totally stopped watching the news on television. When the documentary ‘While We Watched’ became viral, Ravish Kumar told the people that they must stay away from the news shown on television. But, even as he spreads the message, Ravish has always kept wondering about his role with the broadcast media. Moreover, the entire film conveys the dangerous and fragile relationship between democracy and the free press.
- According to a news release in January 2022, it seems that Ravish Kumar tried to protect the Congress Party. In those instances, Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, had not paid attention to the security crisis in Punjab. So, with this in mind, Ravish claimed that the Prime Minister’s convoy hadn’t planned to visit Hussainiwala. However, Ankur Singh proved that Ravish’s claims were fake. When Ankur came across a press note, it stated that the Prime Minister would visit Hussainiwala.
- In January 2021, Ravish was caught up in a different controversy. The journalist thought about apologizing for spreading the fake news about the acquisition of paddy fields by the Union Minister, Piyush Goyal. He later stated that the information was inaccurate and incomplete. He was sorry for committing a mistake in the episode shown on 14th January. He also said that his team had deliberately cropped the post of Piyush Goyal and turned it into misleading claims. Moreover, Ravish also said that the ‘Godi Media team should not get excited when they heard about his apologies.
- In May 2019, many viewers came across a video in which an individual threatened to kill Ravish Kumar. A man presented this threat when the debate about ‘intolerance’ and ‘threat to freedom of speech’ progressed across the country. But this wasn’t the first threat that people saw online. Ravish had already received many threats through Facebook and WhatsApp in the past. But, soon after the death of the journalist, Gauri Lankesh, a fake statement became popular across the internet. As per the statement, it seemed that many individuals were threatening Ravish to kill him at any instance.
- In 2017, Ravish’s brother, Brajesh Kumar Pandey, was accused under the POSCO Act as he was involved in a sex racket. But, even as the news spread through multiple channels, many people criticized Ravish for not presenting the incident in his news show. As time passed, Ravish was also caught up in a controversy for criticizing the most popular TV anchor, Arnab Goswami.
Ravish Kumar Hobbies And Interests
Whenever Ravish spends a lot of time, he likes to read books. Besides, he also likes to write and is the author of many books. While the journalist has written many books in English, he has also written a few books in Hindi. Among the books available in the market, Ravish is the writer of ‘The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture, and the Nation.’
Besides, he has also presented his writing style through the book, ‘A City Happens in Love. Beyond these books, he has also written Dekhate Rahiye, Ravishpanti, Bolna Hi Hai, and Ishq Mein Shahar Hona. All these books are now published in Hindi.
Furthermore, Ravish also likes to listen to many Hindi songs. His favorite singers include Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh, and Mohammed Aziz. Even when he likes to eat non-vegetarian food, he still tries to stay fit and healthy. As he always likes to watch Bollywood movies, he admires the style in which Amitabh Bachchan acts in the films.
Ravish Kumar Social Media Profiles
Like many news anchors, Ravish Kumar always likes to update his social media profiles. So, let’s check out what he often posts on social media platforms.
Ravish Kumar LinkedIn Profile
When you go through Ravish’s profile on LinkedIn, he hasn’t yet posted anything on the website. You will only know more about where he is working and his interests.
Ravish Kumar Facebook Profile
As you visit the Facebook page of Ravish Kumar, you will realize why he bears the tag, ‘The Fearless Reporter.’ After going through some of his recent posts, it seems that he likes to pass comments regarding the whereabouts of actors and actresses. These social media posts are quite different from those featuring breaking news. Moreover, when you scroll through the Facebook page, Ravish has also posted some jokes that pop up in his mind.
Ravish Kumar Instagram Profile
On Instagram, you will see many photos of the news published in many newspapers. Additionally, you will observe many photos of the goddess, Durga, during the pooja held in Delhi.
Ravish Kumar Twitter Profile
If you go through Ravish’s profile on Twitter, you will notice many tweets related to issues across the nation. Moreover, you will also come across the link through which you can read the news articles by Ravish Kumar. But, when you go through the social media account, it seems that Ravish has already quit posting on Twitter in August 2015. While he got fed up with the relentless trolling, he no longer wants to maintain a presence on social media.
NOTE: Besides posting on Facebook and Instagram, Ravish also runs a YouTube channel named ‘Radio Ravish Official.’ Through the channel, he manages to cover the latest and breaking news in detail. He states that the news is not covered completely in many newspapers, so he has tried to cover the details with his videos. Later, the broadcast journalist, Irfan, had thought about tweeting about this channel with the link. You will also come across his audio recordings on SoundCloud and the podcasts on Spotify.
Facts Regarding Ravish Kumar
- According to an Instagram post, Ravish has also been an author of a book written in Hindi. While the name of this book is ‘Bolna Hi Hai,’ the content is more about democracy, culture, and the nation.
- While Ravish Kumar plays the role of a Hindi journalist, he has always been recognized for his monologues in the show, ‘Prime Time. Moreover, the show ‘Prime Time with Rabish’ has always parodied Ravish’s reporting style. The show also presents Shivankit Singh Parihar, who portrays Ravish in the series.
- Soon after the famous Indian cricketer Virat Kohli spoke about his departure as the Test Captain, Ravish Kumar called the cricketer a ‘Loafer.’ According to the journalist, the Indian cricketer only thinks about promoting himself online, and he rarely focuses on the outdoor sport.
- Ravish Kumar recently posted a snarky tweet about his role with NDTV. While many individuals have spread the rumor regarding Ravish’s resignation, the news anchor presented his reaction and thought of setting everything as it was earlier.
- During a conversation with Ravish Kumar, the news anchor stated that he had visited Ranikhet, Lucknow, and Jamshedpur before staying in Delhi. With this taken into consideration, Ravish had the opportunity to experience the culture across many places.
- While studying at Deshbandhu College, Ravish always learned a lot from his teachers, Rana Bahal and Anil Sethi. While both the teachers served as mentors, they helped Ravish in various ways. As the journalist moved ahead with his higher studies, the teachers helped him to improve his English speaking skills and how he should interact with girls.
- After completing his studies at Deshbandhu College, Ravish thought about preparing for the Civil Services Examination. But, even after working hard for the exam, he could not get a good score.
- When Ravish relocated to Delhi, he had a fear of speaking with those who were fluent in English. Hence, Ravish thought about staying in a room that was quite away from groups who spoke English pretty well.
- As soon as Ravish completed his graduation, he hadn’t developed fluency in English. However, he moved ahead with his post-graduation and didn’t get depressed.
- While Ravish was pursuing his Master’s Degree, he was always influenced by the history professor Parthasarathi Gupta. During that period, he used to like attending the professor’s lectures on urbanization. These lectures later transformed Ravish’s perceptions regarding the city.
- When Ravish Kumar told his parents about his relationship with Nayana, they were against his decision to get married. The opposition erupted in the family because Ravish was a Bhumihar Brahmin while Nayana hailed from a Bengali Community.
- As Ravish loved writing books, he steadily developed a style for writing fiction stories. Such types of stories were not lengthy. Hence, when he considered compiling the stories, he named the collection Laprek. This word was nothing but an abbreviation that meant ‘Laghu Prem Katha.’ Once he organized his fiction stories, they were later published in the book Ishq Main Sheher Hona.’
- Despite living in Delhi for over two decades, Ravish states that he always yearns to return to Bihar. But, just because of his profession and busy lifestyle, he could not go back to Bihar.
- After observing Ravish’s immense contribution to the field of journalism, NDTV has appointed him as a managing editor. Moreover, the journalist is also considered under the list of the most influential journalists in India.
- Apart from his usual role as a journalist, Ravish is known for presenting stories of ordinary Indian people. As soon as he started presenting ‘Ravish Ki Report, he covered the lives of individuals staying in Paharganj. While covering every detail, he thought about presenting more about the lifestyles in simple language.
- In September 2022, Ravish Kumar received an award at the Toronto International Film Festival. The journalist got an award for his documentary named ‘Namaskar! Main Ravish Kumar’. This documentary takes the viewers through the entire journey of the journalist.
- If you go through some posts on social media, you will observe diverse individuals trolling the profiles. He also states through his posts that many individuals are trying to intrude in his personal life.
- When Ravish was studying at DeshBandhu College, he was recognized as an intelligent student. But, Ravish was an introvert, and people didn’t find him mingling with a group. On the other hand, when Ravish saw Nayana Dasgupta for the first time at an event, he immediately fell in love with her.
- After Ravish thought about marrying Nayana, he broke his relationships with his core family members. On the other hand, reports reveal that his family members were not present for the wedding ceremony. The journalist also sacrificed many things to move on with his married life.
- While Ravish was pursuing his M. Phil from Delhi University, he met Nayana Dasgupta. A bit later, both of them got married after seven years. But, as the bond became strong during frequent meetings, it seemed that Nayana assisted Ravish in improving his communication skills in English.
- According to this journalist, ordinary individuals must not watch television news often. As the news anchors present the news, the coverage can derail the thoughts of common people.
- According to one of the Instagram posts, Ravish has always liked reading the book, ‘Qual-E-Faisal.’ This book revolves around the fate of the courageous soldier, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. He later stated that when he continued reading the book, he was fascinated with love showered for India’s freedom.
- Besides maintaining a presence on social media, Ravish Kumar also writes news articles in Hindi. Once you navigate the website, naisadak you will know more about what he likes to cover in the current era.
While Ravish Kumar has been working with NDTV for more than ten years, he has been earning more than Rs. 3 crores yearly.
Ravish Kumar is happily married to Nayana Dasgupta, who is currently teaching History at an educational institute.
As soon as Ravish started his career, he has been famous as a Sr. Executive Editor with NDTV India. Additionally, many viewers appreciated his presentation style when Ravish hosted shows named Des Ki Baat, Hum Log, and Ravish Ki Report.
Ravish was born in a Hindu family on 5th December 1974, and his present age is 48 years.
If you wish to contact Ravish Kumar, you can send a letter to the NDTV India office in Okhla Industrial Estate.